Visitor Intercoms Installation in Philadelphia and nearby regions. Invision Security is an expert in professional security system installation. We are ready to build a system of complexity you need and provide you with all the necessary support. Call for a free consultation right now.
CONTACT US FOR A
"*" indicates required fields
What is a visitor intercom, how does it differ from other types of communication, and why is it becoming more popular? Let’s look at this difficult issue in more detail.
What Distinguishes Intercoms
First, you need to determine the advantages and disadvantages of all types of these security devices, starting from wireless doorbell intercoms and ending by residential and school intercoms.
The main differences between video intercom systems and telephone communication are:
- The presence of an intercom allows you to free the phone from most internal communications and leave apparatuses only where it is necessary. It is possible to separate internal communication and external contacts, for instance, in the case of front door intercoms. You can also use wireless intercoms, which are convenient to quickly consult with colleagues if necessary while an external client is waiting on the phone.
- The availability of hands-free and speakerphone, with the help of which the communication is face-to-face. However, the interlocutors are in different rooms, like in the case of door intercoms.
- A wide range of intercoms specially designed for difficult conditions, like one-button call panels. For instance, in the case of door entry intercoms with minimum communication controls.
- The ability to operate in general call mode and as a warning and evacuation control system.
- Holding the meeting and prompt distribution of commands to subordinates with confirmation.
- The video intercom systems for business can also work as a discussion system, with the difference that the interlocutors are at their places. It saves time.
Classification Of Intercom Systems
Intercoms can be divided according to such features as signal type, architecture, capacity, purpose.
Professionals work with all kinds of equipment:
- Analog, digital, and IP by signal type.
- Scalable and non-scalable, with star connection or shared wiring in their architecture. There are also access control systems without a central server.
- Small (up to 10 subscribers), medium (10 to 100 subscribers), large (more than 100 subscribers).
- Depending on the nature of the facility and operating conditions: office, cashier-client, industrial, control rooms, etc.
As a rule, the system’s core is the central switching unit (server). They come in various designs, but they can be divided into complete monoblock and modular, which are equipped with various components depending on customer requirements. Such systems are more flexible and, as a rule, have more options both in terms of functionality and expansion.
There are also electronic access systems in which communication intelligence is distributed among subscribers. They operate without central servers and controllers, but any intercom cannot do without subscriber devices.
Subscriber devices can be office, industrial, door phone, waterproof, vandal-proof, for special operating conditions, as well as with a full keyboard or only with keys direct dialing. A separate category is control panels or dispatcher consoles.
As a rule, they have the most functionality: they are equipped with a numeric keypad and direct-dial keys, as well as additional function keys. There is a remote, which is a device that allows an operator to use voice communication and control both the system and the actuators connected to it. The console also displays signals about sensor triggering or system alarms.
Applications and Elements Of The Intercom
Intercoms are primarily used where efficiency is required, the danger is possible, and there is a need for constant management of production or other processes:
- in an explosive environment,
- at high noise levels,
- in a chemically aggressive environment,
- under direct exposure to weather conditions,
- when reliable, continuous, and safe operation is required.
Therefore, intercoms are subject to increased requirements for reliability, ease of operation, and maintenance.
The most important element of the system is the dispatcher’s workplace.
The following tasks are solved here:
- production communication, management, and control of operational mechanisms;
- parking management, cash registers, residential intercoms;
- video surveillance, video analytics, video recording;
- lighting control, energy optimization;
- evacuation of people and coordination of security forces.
The requirements of customers and their wishes when implementing an intercom, as a rule, are as follows:
- project attractiveness;
- optimization for a specific customer, minimizing maintenance costs;
- constant technological and economic control;
- optimization for investment, no fixed costs for maintenance and repair.
Other Elements Compatible with Visitor Intercoms
The requirements for the life support systems of the building are increasing every day. Until recently, individual systems for ensuring the object’s life were considered in isolation. Today clients need complete automated solutions. The central idea is integration.
Integration Of Building Life Support Systems
The main development prospect is the unification of all systems. Since any technical security system is a communication technique between subscriber devices, it is possible to combine the following services in one system: voice and data, image, alert. Management of all subsystems is coordinated from a single user surface. All logical functions (voice, image, door control, access control) are simplified through integration.
Unified interfaces and appropriate software are a prerequisite. The future lies in the unification of various devices on the basis of a single integration platform.
Intelligent Evacuation Alert
The computing power of modern servers and unified interfaces make it possible to move to qualitatively different evacuation management — intelligent alerting. Such a system will, for example, significantly reduce the number of victims of smoke suffocation through effective management of emergency exits.
A unique feature of the intelligent warning system can be the acoustic control of emergency exits, which is much more effective in smoky rooms than conventional visual signs.
The space is divided into many small alert zones, each independent. In a dangerous situation, an audio signal is transmitted to each zone at a predetermined interval so that the wave of the signal sequence leads the hearing to the output.
A person reacts in an emergency much more adequately and faster to acoustic signals. Consequently, false evacuations are reduced, and evacuation time is minimized during a real alarm.
Intelligent systems are quite expensive and require highly qualified personnel to program possible scenarios. However, a properly configured system will save both material values and people’s lives.
Invision Security is an expert in professional security system installation. We are ready to build a system of complexity you need and provide you with all the necessary support in Philadelphia and other regions. We are also prepared to offer you some other equally required services related to commercial and apartment building access control systems. Please, contact our professionals in both apartment and commercial security systems!